When: Saturdays afternoons, 1-3pm, starting March 23 (6 classes total)
3/23, 3/30, 4/6, 4/13, (skipping 4/20 holiday weekend), 4/27, 5/11
Where: True Story Theater’s home studio in East Arlington (note: space is up one flight of stairs)
Register here: https://bpt.me/4095055
Note: When registering, please select the correct date from the drop-down menu: “Sat Mar 23, 2019, 1:00 PM” for the Playback 201 series.
Description: In this intermediate class you will deepen your Playback Theatre skills. Playback Theatre is an intimate unique form of improvisational embodied storytelling based on empathetic listening. It started over 40 years ago and is practiced in 60 countries.
You will also enjoy these valuable benefits:
- Learn to share your stories more effectively
- Get closer to others from the sharing of personal stories
- Have fun playing with improv
- Strengthen your communication skills
- Increase your comfort with embodying feelings, images, stories
- Reduce any internal critic and increase your creative flow
Class size is capped at 15 people.
Facilitators: Christopher Ellinger and possibly other guest teachers from the True Story Theater troupe.
Payment: You must prepay for the series (unless you have a special arrangement with the instructor).
Price: $90-150 (sliding scale) for any 6-class series
Limited scholarships (or work exchange) is available.
Email Christopher@TrueStoryTheater.org to reserve your space.