Playback classes – ok to come as a drop-in but you must rsvp
When: Saturdays 2-4pm (but not every Saturday)
Where: True Story Theater’s home studio in East Arlington (note: space is up one flight of stairs)
RSVP by emailing Info[at]TrueStoryTheater.org
Description: In this class you will learn Playback Theatre skills. Playback Theatre is an intimate unique form of improvisational embodied storytelling based on empathetic listening. It started over 40 years ago and is practiced in 60 countries.
You will also enjoy these valuable benefits:
- Learn to share your stories more effectively
- Get closer to others from the sharing of personal stories
- Have fun playing with improv
- Strengthen your communication skills
- Increase your comfort with embodying feelings, images, stories
- Reduce any internal critic and increase your creative flow
Class size is capped at 15 people.
Facilitators: Christopher Ellinger and possibly other guest teachers from the True Story Theater troupe.
Payment: $15-20 (sliding scale) for drop-in
Limited scholarships (or work exchange) is available.
Email Info[at]TrueStoryTheater.org to find out more or hold a spot