Get your ticket for this show on Eventbrite.
Please join True Story Theater in an online experiment:
Playback Theatre always involves some amount of audience participation: at very least, 5-10 audience members volunteer to share important moments from their lives, which the actors and musicians then dramatize.
In this show, we will experiment with expanding audience involvement. For instance, we are likely to:
- Choose the performance theme based on audience input: In a brief, facilitated process, audience members will share personal and wide-world concerns they have at the present moment. The emcee will choose a strong show theme that many have in common.
- Empower the individual story-sharers to engage more in the enactments: including pausing the action, asking for re-dos, and adding a “coda” to their piece.
- Use tools available on Zoom for audience members to connect more with each other and with they resonate with the enactments.
Whether you are brand new to Playback Theatre, or have seen (or performed in) it many times please join us in the fun and value of exploring new ways to increase deep listening, empathy and connection.
If you have never seen a Playback Theatre show:
- Please go to TrueStoryTheater.com. In the “About” section in the top menu bar, click on the second item, “How a show works.”
- Also see: PlaybackNorthAmerica.com. Click on “About Playback” and also the free, monthly online Intro to Playback Theatre class.