Wednesday July 15
(also offered Sunday, July 12)
One-hour playful improvisational theatre workshops for any and every child (ages 6-11)
Just for kids! Try something new and creative that increases trust, spontaneity, listening abilities, empathy, acting skills, and playfulness!
- Be introduced the basic rules of improv
- Learn how to share real-life stories
- Practice and build empathy from other student’s perspectives through listening and acting out Playback scenes
- Become more comfortable in speaking up and performing
- Experience the creative and lively potential of video
Playback Theater is a form of improvisational theater in which actors play-back audience member’s real-life stories without scripts. In the workshop, True Story Theatre educators teach beginner Playback forms to students and invite all children to share their stories— big and small!
- Computer access to Wifi and camera sharing abilities
- A guardian or adult close by to help their child with tech support and any off-screen needs
- If available, a quiet(er) space with enough room to move around comfortably onscreen.
- No prior acting experience required.
Children with particular physical, emotional, and intellectual differences are invited to apply. Prior communication with facilitators will be required, to ensure support for the student while in the workshop — email Francidumar(at)gmail.com