Saturday Jan. 17… at our lovely studio in Arlington
RSVP now to reserve space limited to 12 people
In this Playback Theatre workshop you’ll explore embodied storytelling from each of the key Playback roles:
As the teller:
* key storytelling skills
* how to engage your audience
* discern what will best serve you as the teller
As an actor:
* listening for what the teller most needs to see and hear
* how to end a scene with a key line or image
As a conductor (or emcee):
* supporting a teller to get quickly to the heart of their story
* helping tellers know what aspect of their story they most want to see
As a musician:
* which emotion or theme is most important to musically highlight
* how to add what the actors might be missing
As an audience member in a class:
* how to notice as you listen to a teller what works and not
* how to give useful feedback to your classmates
* $55 if paid by January 8 (early bird rate)
* $65 if paid after January 8 (regular rate)
Click here to register now
Work exchanges may be available (on first-come basis)
Contact: Christopher@TrueStoryTheater.org to hold a place in the workshop or ask questions.
No prior experience required.
Bring a bag lunch and a snack to share if you wish.
Also see upcoming 7-week Thursday evenings Playback Theatre class series starting January 29.