Thank you for supporting True Story Theater!
Through the generous support of people like you, True Story is able to offer dozens of shows and classes, reaching over 2000 people a year. Support community theater to build understanding and empathy, and hold space for personal stories around diversity equity and inclusion in greater Boston and beyond.
Make a donation via Paypal with credit or debit card.
Click the Donate button then let us know what the donation is for!
On the donation box **be sure to click on the arrow on the right to choose your donation purpose**
Thank you so much for your donation!!
Prefer to donate by check?
Please make check or money order payable in US dollars to “True Story Theater,” write what it’s for in the memo field, and send to our bookkeeper at:
158 Daniels Ave.
Pittsfield MA 01201
Please talk to us if you are considering a significant gift.
Donations are fully tax deductible when no service is received in exchange.
(Donations for performances, classes and training are not tax deductible for that reason).
Not only the U.S. but now Massachusetts has a new charitable contributions deduction available to all MA taxpayers, whether you itemize deductions on your federal return or not. Just keep track of your contributions and report them on the state tax return you file for 2023 and beyond. Your donations will be deducted from your taxable Massachusetts income. This deduction is universal, and permanent, so you can utilize it every year going forward.
Let us know if you know a specific group you would love to support us to work with.
Or pick one of the constituencies or issues below to support sustaining our work with:
- Active bystander intervention training
- People with disabilities
- Conversations around death and dying
- People formerly incarcerated & dealing with recovery issues
- People in hospice and caregivers
- Cancer survivors and family members
- Local immigrant groups
- LGBTQ intergenerational dialogue
- Veterans who are homeless
- Teen leaders
A big THANK YOU to everyone who has donated funds, services and time, brought us to perform, and graced us with your presence this season! We look forward to continuing to serve our many communities.
If you shop on Amazon.com, click here before you buy and choose True Story Theater. .5% of your purchases go to support True Story Theater (with no charge to you!)
You can sign up here to have 5 cents donated to your chosen nonprofit every time you “like” something on Facebook!
True Story Theater gratefully acknowledges the support of:
- The Proteus Fund
- Trillium Asset Management
- James Spriggs
- The City of Boston
- Grant Abert, Kailo Fund
- Foley Hoag Foundation
- The Harnisch Family Foundation
- The Jubilation Foundation
- Triskeles Foundation
- The Cultural Councils of Arlington, Belmont, Cambridge, Lexington, Medford, Melrose, Randolph, and Somerville
- Ebin Family Foundation
- Bgood Family Foundation
- The Philadelphia Foundation, Chutzpah Fund
- The Boston Foundation, Shantayam Fund
- and individual donors like you
A special thanks to business and organizations that helped make our annual fundraiser a success:
- Whole Foods Market – Arlington
- Starbucks – Arlington Center
- Food Link
- Not Your Average Joe’s in Arlington
- Bistro Duet, Arlington
- Chilly Cow
- Common Ground restaurant
- Cookie Time (aka Lakota Bakery)
- Fitness First
- Frank’s Steak House
- Fusion Taste
- I-Opener Community Ecstatic Dance
- Improv Asylum
- La Posada
- Otto Pizza
- Play Time Inc.
- Pressed Juicery in Harvard Sq.
- Punjab restaurant
- Quebrada baking co.
- Salon Marcello
- The Arlington Center
- Tryst Restaurant
- Twyrl restaurant