“Storytelling, play, and laughter permeate my days and evenings since I moved, and I can’t help but think of how much True Story has formed me into a community member ready to embrace these aspects of life.” -Myles Green
Want to take Playback Classes this Fall?
Come take a “virtual” class online.
Whether you’re trying improvisation for the first time or are experienced in Playback forms, these classes will be a fun and delightful way to connect with others, listen more skillfully, develop spontaneity, and experience playback in an intimate, honest, and safe environment.
We will be using Zoom video conferencing so we can all see and hear each other “live” and adapting the forms to work in this format.
Classes: Stretch your limits with delight
Whether you’re a veteran actor or the very thought of being on stage fills you with fright, our classes offer a satisfying and fun experience. We create an informal, connective and environment where even complete beginners feel comfortable and affirmed. Newbies uncover their ability to trust and express themselves. Experienced improvisers bring their skills to a new level of authenticity and emotional depth. Everyone sharpens their ability to listening and empathize — essential skills for everyday relationships.
Please contact us with any questions.
Our classes can help you:
Become a better presenter
- Speak with expressiveness
- Engage the power of storytelling
Listen more skillfully
- Discern underlying feelings and needs
- Help people feel deeply heard
Develop your spontaneous and playful qualities
- Release your inner critic
- Free your body and voice
Meet creative people
- Connect deeply and playfully
- Meet in an intimate, honest, safe environment
- Take just the right level of risk
- Laugh, cry, play, grow, celebrate
Learn Playback Theatre
- Gain skills needed to join or start a performing troupe
- Explore ways to integrate Playback into your work and daily life